Juvederm® is an excellent way to make subtle changes to the area around your mouth or lips to make your smile even more beautiful.
The lines around your mouth can take attention away from your glowing smile. Juvederm® is specially formulated to correct three types of problems that occur around the mouth: smile lines, marionette lines, and vertical lines.
Smile lines extend from the outside tips of your nose to the corners of your mouth. Marionette lines are located at the corners of your mouth, and vertical lines form from the middle section of your upper lip to just under your nose.
The key ingredient in Juvederm® is hyaluronic acid, which is a sugar that naturally occurs in the human body. Therefore, there is little to no risk of an allergic reaction. When you are young, your skin contains high levels of hyaluronic acid to help maintain the volume of your skin. Age, exposure to sunlight, and other factors destroy the hyaluronic acid in your skin. Without this vital, naturally occurring substance, wrinkles and lines begin to form.
Juvéderm® helps restore a smoother appearance to your skin while adding volume. After your Juvederm® procedure, you will see immediate results that last up to one year. You may return to your normal activities immediately after the procedure.
What to expect during Treatment:
- One of our nurse injectors will first consult with you to discuss your goals and/or any concerns for your treatment.
- We may ask you to make various facial movements in order to assess your muscle movement for correct placement of the filler.
- Tiny injections of filler are made with a very fine needle at the appropriate site for your treatment. The number and location of injections is based upon the extent of treatment and desired improvement.
- Juvederm XC is formulated with Lidocaine, a numbing agent, in order to make your experience as comfortable as possible.
- Treatment time is approximately 30 minutes.
- Some mild discomfort, stinging, bruising, and swelling may occur, which typically resolves within 24 to 48 hours.