The Benefits of Chemical Peels
- Smooths appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Stimulates new cellular turnover
- Helps diminish pore size and acne
- Improves skin texture, tone, and pigmentation
Chemical Peels improve and smooth the texture of the facial skin using a chemical solution. Eventually, some peeling may occur and dead skin sloughs off. Regenerated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than old skin.
Chemical Peel Pre-Treatment:
- Avoid all use of Retinols, Retin A, Tretinoin, and Vitamin C creams 5-7 days prior to the chemical peel.
- Chemical Peel results can be heightened by prepping the skin with medical grade products recommended by your estheticians, 10-14 days prior to the peel.
Chemical Peel Post-Treatment:
- In order to maintain the results of the chemical peel, your provider will recommend skin care products appropriate for your skin type.
- Refrain from washing your face for at least 24 hours after the chemical peel.
- Some may experience a tightening and redness to the skin, which may be accompanied by some light to severe peeling.
- Avoid use of Vitamin C, Retinol, and Retin A for 5-7 days after the peel.
- ALWAYS protect the skin by applying the recommended SPF.